Just heading out can be a stressful time, but it’s where the adventure begins!
You will not be able to take most of your things with you.
That’s not gonna work…
So this is a great opportunity to sell off everything you own and get a monetary jump start on your new life.
Don’t be that guy!
Follow me on Pinterest for great tips on living a Minimalist life style.
Here are 5 tips to help you part with your possessions:
- Remember you are choosing this lifestyle
- Take pictures of keepsakes, and store them digitally
- Get rid of all but 5-7 outfits, remember how much room you’ve got
- As you toss things into the money making pile, tell yourself that if you ever change your mind things can be purchased again
- Avoid the temptation to rent a storage unit. It’ll be a bill and responsibility hanging over your head
Then have a garage sale, list the items on Facebook sale groups, etc. Monetize!
* The Running Bum
What has minimalism done for others?
*Minimalism has given me the money I needed to make a new life – abandoned stress
Before minimalism I was exhausted with unanswered questions about why I never used the time I owned. – simplyfiercly
Check out the blog for more articles discussing minimalism and what you really need while living in your car.
How much money do you think you’d get if you sold nearly everything you own? Tell us in the comments!
Minimalism – Not that you should own nothing, but that nothing should own you.
Simplicity is about subtracting the obvious and adding the meaningful.