Hanging out at the beach sounds awesome, but if you do it for more than a day it can get stale quick.
Here’s some activities that’ll keep everyone entertained and enjoying that beach!
Materials to put in beach bag:
- Food coloring
- Plastic sandwich bags
- Baking soda
- Water balloons
- Buckets and shovels
- Download a Pictionary app
- Pocket Kites
- Colorful Sand Castles – Place 2 cups of sand in each sandwich bag and add food coloring. Stir and shake and add coloring until sand is the desired color. Then build a sandcastle that’s Instagram worthy!
- Sand Volcanoes – Build up the sand around a water bottle, and use the baking soda and vinegar to make the volcano erupt.
- Towel Toss – Fill water balloons. Place one balloon in a towel held by two people, cradle style. Two people should be waiting within tossing distance. Use the towels to launch the balloon back and forth. Don’t break it!
- Rock Mosaics – Use rocks to make Mosaic pictures, rocks of all different colors and sizes.
- Shell Hunting – This one is easy to explain. Hunt shells. Lol
- Sand Sillouhette – Lay in the sand and trace around each other. Use rocks & beach items to decorate eyes, nose, etc!
- Sand Tower Competition – Who can build the largest tower? Who can build it the quickest? Have competitions.
- Fly A Kite – The beach is the best place to fly a kite!
- Sand Pictionary – use the Pictionary app for ideas and a timer, use the sand as your paper!
- Beach Bullseye – make circles in the sand like a target, and use a rock to get a bullseye!
Have any great ideas not mentioned here?
Share them in the comments!